koniambo nickel xstrata

Xstrata Nickel’s Koniambo Project: A Cornerstone Asset

Xstrata Nickel Koniambo Questions 3 3. Integrated nickel business with a portfolio of diverse assets and ppjrojects 2010 Top 5 Refined Nickel Producers MMC Norilsk Jinchuan Vale BHP Billiton 0 100 200 300 Xstrata (kt) Source: Brook Hunt Xstrata Nickel 4 4.

Home Koniambo Nickel SAS

Thanks to a highly innovative smelting technology and a high-grade nickel deposit, Koniambo Nickel forecasts long-term, low-cost operations. Ramp up to full production! With its first successful metal tap in 2013, Koniambo Nickel SAS will ramp up to its full annual production of 60,000 tonnes annually.

Accueil Koniambo Nickel SAS

Koniambo Nickel participe concrètement au développement économique et social de la Nouvelle-Calédonie. > En savoir plus. Nickel (LME Nickel Cash) 8.6217 0.0000% NOTRE ACTUALITÉ 31 janvier. Koniambo Nickel évalue les risques professionnels pour protéger ses employés. Hygiène et sécurité ...

case study: KONIaMBO NIcKeL - Outotec

between Xstrata Nickel, one of the world’s largest global diversified mining businesses and Société Minière du Sud Pacifique (SMSP), a local mining company in the region. The Koniambo complex will be among the world’s lowest cost producers of nickel with initial annual production of 60,000 tonnes of nickel in ferronickel per annum

Glencore Xstrata’s Koniambo: billions of dollars for a ...

“Koniambo is going to end up a $6.3 billion project. We always knew it was a problem project,” Glencore Xstrata ceo Ivan Glasenberg said. The forecast for nickel in ferro-nickel production has been revised down, with 2015 expectations now at 55,000 tonnes, compared with Xstrata’s previous estimate of

Koniambo Nickel Project, New Caledonia - Mining Frontier

Dec 30, 2014  The $7bn greenfield mining project was developed by Koniambo Nickel SAS, a 51:49 joint venture between Société Minière du Sud Pacifique (SMSP) and Glencore (formerly Xstrata Nickel), which is the world’s richest mining company as of 2014. Glencore also financed the majority of

Xstrata plc APPROVES Koniambo NICKEL project by 24hgold

NEWS RELEASE . Xstrata APPROVES Koniambo NICKEL project . Zug, 17 October 2007 . The Board of Xstrata plc has approved the development of the Koniambo project, a major long-life, low cost, open pit nickel mine, metallurgical plant and associated infrastructure located in the North Province of New Caledonia. Xstrata Nickel owns a 49% stake in Koniambo Nickel SAS (“KNS”); the remaining 51% ...

Xstrata Nickel’s Koniambo Project: A Cornerstone Asset

Xstrata Nickel Koniambo Questions 3 3. Integrated nickel business with a portfolio of diverse assets and ppjrojects 2010 Top 5 Refined Nickel Producers MMC Norilsk Jinchuan Vale BHP Billiton 0 100 200 300 Xstrata (kt) Source: Brook Hunt Xstrata Nickel 4 4. Robust business to deliver value and growth in the future 5.00

Xstrata approves Koniambo Nickel Project – SMSP

The Board of Xstrata Plc approved the development of the Koniambo project. It implementation will entail investment of $3.8 billion to be funded by both partners. The decision came after a one-year renewal phase with the objective to provide additional confidence in the project's costs and development schedule.

Koniambo Nickel Project, New Caledonia - Mining Frontier

Dec 30, 2014  The $7bn greenfield mining project was developed by Koniambo Nickel SAS, a 51:49 joint venture between Société Minière du Sud Pacifique (SMSP) and Glencore (formerly Xstrata Nickel), which is the world’s richest mining company as of 2014. Glencore also financed the majority of the project cost.

case study: KONIaMBO NIcKeL - Outotec

between Xstrata Nickel, one of the world’s largest global diversified mining businesses and Société Minière du Sud Pacifique (SMSP), a local mining company in the region. The Koniambo complex will be among the world’s lowest cost producers of nickel with initial annual production of 60,000 tonnes of nickel in ferronickel per annum

Xstrata plc APPROVES Koniambo NICKEL project by 24hgold

NEWS RELEASE . Xstrata APPROVES Koniambo NICKEL project . Zug, 17 October 2007 . The Board of Xstrata plc has approved the development of the Koniambo project, a major long-life, low cost, open pit nickel mine, metallurgical plant and associated infrastructure located in the North Province of New Caledonia. Xstrata Nickel owns a 49% stake in Koniambo Nickel

Koniambo Nickel SAS – SMSP

Koniambo Nickel (KNS) is a joint venture whose capital is 51% owned by SMSP and 49% by Glencore. KNS is responsible for the construction, the ramp-up and operation of the Northern metallurgical plant with a nominal capacity of 60,000 tonnes per year, and the mining activity on the Koniambo massif located in Northern Province between Voh and Koné.

Koniambo Produces First Nickel Metal E MJ

Xstrata Nickel’s Koniambo laterite nickel project in the North Province of New Caledonia tapped its first nickel metal in early April 2013. The start of production marked a key milestone for the complex, $5-billion greenfield project, which has been under construction for the past six years.

Our-history Koniambo Nickel

Koniambo Nickel SAS is a joint venture owned by Société Minière du Sud Pacifique (51%) and Glencore Xstrata (49%). Learn more Vacant positions (in French only)

Xstrata Approves Koniambo Nickel Project - Tradelink ...

Xstrata Nickel owns a 49% stake in Koniambo Nickel SAS (“KNS†); the remaining 51% share is held by New Caledonian joint venture partner Société Minière du Sud Pacifique (“SMSP†). Xstrata Nickel will lead the project implementation and operations development on behalf of KNS and has the right to appoint the ...

Koniambo Nickel SAS – SMSP

Koniambo Nickel (KNS) est une co-entreprise dont le capital est détenu à 51% par la SMSP et à 49% par Glencore. KNS gère la construction, la montée en puissance et l’exploitation de l’usine métallurgique du Nord d’une capacité nominale de 60 000 tonnes par an, ainsi que l’activité minière sur le massif du Koniambo situé en province Nord, entre Voh et Koné.

Koniambo mine - Wikipedia

The Koniambo mine is a large mine in the north of New Caledonia in the North Province.It is closest to the small town of Voh, on the west coast of the island.Nickel is found on the Koniambo Massif, and taken by conveyor to a new smelter on the coast.Koniambo has one of the largest nickel reserves in New Caledonia, with around 151 million tonnes of ore grading at 2.58% nickel.

NICKEL DEVELOPMENT - Koniambo gets nod - Canadian Mining ...

Oct 17, 2007  Xstrata holds a 49% stake in the operating company, Koniambo Nickel SAS, and the Societe Miniere du Sud Pacific of New Caledonia holds the other 51%. Koniambo will be among the world’s lowest cost producers of nickel with initial annual production of 60,000 tonnes of nickel in ferronickel per annum and substantial further high-return ...

Nikkelverk

Wholly owned by Glencore, we are one of the largest nickel producers in the western world. Our Nikkelverk operation is located in the city of Kristiansand, responsibly producing high grade, refined nickel, copper and cobalt.

Glencore – SMSP

Xstrata Nickel became Koniambo Nickel SAS new project partner after absorbing Falconbridge. Launching of the renewal phase (Cost review, redefinition of the strategy and implementation schedule). Visit of Mick Davis, Xstrata Plc CEO, and Ian Pearce, Xstrata Nickel CEO.

case study: KONIaMBO NIcKeL - Outotec

between Xstrata Nickel, one of the world’s largest global diversified mining businesses and Société Minière du Sud Pacifique (SMSP), a local mining company in the region. The Koniambo complex will be among the world’s lowest cost producers of nickel with initial annual production of 60,000 tonnes of nickel in ferronickel per annum

Koniambo Produces First Nickel Metal E MJ

Xstrata Nickel’s Koniambo laterite nickel project in the North Province of New Caledonia tapped its first nickel metal in early April 2013. The start of production marked a key milestone for the complex, $5-billion greenfield project, which has been under construction for the past six years.

Koniambo Nickel SAS – SMSP

Koniambo Nickel (KNS) is a joint venture whose capital is 51% owned by SMSP and 49% by Glencore. KNS is responsible for the construction, the ramp-up and operation of the Northern metallurgical plant with a nominal capacity of 60,000 tonnes per year, and the mining activity on the Koniambo massif located in Northern Province between Voh and Koné.

Koniambo nickel commissioning support – control ...

Dec 27, 2012  Xstrata Nickel’s Koniambo project in New Caledonia is commissioning as it prepares for first ore by the end of 2012. The project design relies heavily on the use of

Glencore Xstrata’s Koniambo: billions of dollars for a ...

“Koniambo is going to end up a $6.3 billion project. We always knew it was a problem project,” Glencore Xstrata ceo Ivan Glasenberg said. The forecast for nickel in ferro-nickel production has been revised down, with 2015 expectations now at 55,000 tonnes, compared with Xstrata’s previous estimate of 61,000...

Xstrata Approves Koniambo Nickel Project - Tradelink ...

Xstrata Nickel owns a 49% stake in Koniambo Nickel SAS (“KNS†); the remaining 51% share is held by New Caledonian joint venture partner Société Minière du Sud Pacifique (“SMSP†). Xstrata Nickel will lead the project implementation and operations development on behalf of KNS and has the right to appoint the ...

Koniambo nickel commissioning support - control ...

Xstrata Nickel’s Koniambo project in New Caledonia is commissioning as it prepares for first ore by the end of 2012. The project design relies heavily on the use of Profibus DP, a digital communications bus, to link field instrumentation and electrical motor controls to the ABB Distributed Control System that is used for control and monitoring of the facilities.

UPDATE 2-Fire hits New Caledonia Koniambo nickel project ...

Nov 14, 2011  Xstrata in an email to Reuters said there were no injuries or impact on the project’s schedule. Xstrata has set a mid-2012 start-up date for Koniambo, which is being built to produce 60,000 ...

Barrick Gold Corporation - Barrick and Xstrata Announce ...

Xstrata Nickel has a significant portfolio of growth projects, including Nickel Rim South in Canada, Kabanga in Tanzania, and Koniambo in New Caledonia. Xstrata Nickel is the world’s fourth largest nickel producer, with annual managed production of more than 110,000 tonnes of refined nickel.

UPDATE 2-Fire hits New Caledonia Koniambo nickel project ...

Nov 14, 2011  * Koniambo nickel project sticks to timetable after blaze. November 14, 2011 / 6:52 AM / 8 years ago

$3.8 billion approved for Koniambo - Sudbury Mining Solutions

Dec 01, 2007  Xstrata Nickel’s ambitious plans to move up in the ranks of the world’s nickel producers took two giant steps forward in October. The company approved the development of the Koniambo project, a major long-life, low cost, open pit nickel mine in New Caledonia and announced a deal to buy Jubilee Mines, an Australian nickel producer.

Koniambo Nickel SAS – SMSP

Koniambo Nickel (KNS) est une co-entreprise dont le capital est détenu à 51% par la SMSP et à 49% par Glencore. KNS gère la construction, la montée en puissance et l’exploitation de l’usine métallurgique du Nord d’une capacité nominale de 60 000 tonnes par an, ainsi que l’activité minière sur le massif du Koniambo situé en province Nord, entre Voh et Koné.

Glencore – SMSP

Xstrata Nickel became Koniambo Nickel SAS new project partner after absorbing Falconbridge. Launching of the renewal phase (Cost review, redefinition of the strategy and implementation schedule). Visit of Mick Davis, Xstrata Plc CEO, and Ian Pearce, Xstrata Nickel CEO.

Mine de nickel du Koniambo — Wikipédia

La mine de nickel du Koniambo est une mine de nickel située à Voh, dans la Province Nord de Nouvelle-Calédonie.Initialement exploitée par la Société Le Nickel, elle est la propriété depuis 1997 de la Société minière du Sud Pacifique, et à partir de 2005 de sa filiale Koniambo Nickel.